"I'm tired of waiting. I'm tired of thinking.
I want to turn loose my hold on everything,
and go sailing down, down,
just like one of those poor, tired leaves."

- O. Henry

Saturday, February 19, 2011

the Big Bang earrings


Last night Michael and I went to Publix to pick up a few things after our dinner at Little Greek. Our cashier was a slight teenage boy with brown hair and glasses who looked barely old enough to work. As we were checking out, all of a sudden he said, "I like your earrings!"

It was awkward, and it kind of stunned me for a moment. He didn't appear to be someone overly concerned with fashion. But, surely he couldn't be hitting on me!? I'm practically old enough to be his mother, and I was there with my fiance. I didn't know what was going on!

A second later he explained his compliment. He said, "They look like the structure of DNA. Ya know, like a double helix?"

After a few moments of laughter, I thanked him and told him that was probably the smartest compliment I had ever received. It was like something right out of that show The Big Bang Theory!

1 comment:

  1. How lovely. And he was right to like them on so many levels. They do look like DNA and they are beautiful. And this post goes so well with your last. An education brought this young man an appreciation of beauty.

    ReplyDelete