I have finally finished reading the entire Bible. In the course of my life, I may have at some point already accomplished this; it possible that my reading over the years has touched every page. But, now I know for sure that I've done it. This is a big first for me.
In 2010, my husband and I (then boyfriend/fiance) decided to read the One Year Bible together. He read the entire thing in 2010. I read the whole Bible except for two books - Ezekiel and Jeremiah. I abandoned the OYB reading plan with a few months left in the year and just started reading books straight through. Ezekiel and Jeremiah didn't make the cut at that time. I felt rather bogged down in the Old Testament, and those are two of the longest books.
Well, I can say that 2011 was the year of reading those books and finishing my complete reading of the Bible. Is it sad it took me a year to read almost the whole Bible and then another year to only read two books? Probably. BUT, I am still very proud of myself for accomplishing this goal, as it's been on my bucket list for some time now. There have been periods in my life where I read large chunks of the Bible daily. And, I know I had read the whole New Testament multiple times before starting this venture. However, to be able to say with certainty that I have read the entire Bible just makes me feel so good. I mean, not only is it God's word, but it's pretty much the foundation of Western Civilization. So I feel pretty good about that. I'm proud of myself.
The hubby and I have already started 2012 with a new Bible reading plan - 30 days with Jesus. We have also printed out other plans for future months. So far it is going well. I will keep you updated.
No comments:
Post a Comment