So, I started a post about Stress, and I started a post about Christmas. These were totally un-related, as I don't find Christmas stressful at all because it is the most wonderful time of the year. But I didn't have the steam to finish what I started, and by the time I got back around to looking at the unfinished posts, I didn't want to talk about those topics any more.
So, instead - Here is an alphabetical list of things I am thankful for, in honor of the upcoming holiday:
A: Appetizers. The idea of eating before eating sort of fascinates me.
B: BBQ, Beyonce, & Bicycles
C: Christmas
D: Dessert. The idea of eating after eating.... okay, no more food related thanks.
E: Education. If finances weren't a consderation, I would be a student till my dying day.
F: Family, friends, & freedom
G: Garth Brooks
H: Henry Rollins
I: Internet
J: Jesus & Jay-Z
K: Kids. Even though they drove me crazy, I miss my high school kids!
L: Libraries
M: Michael (my fiance) & Mark Twain
N: Narnia & all other CS Lewis works, Naps
O: O'Henry
P: Pugh, Elissa
Q: Questions with answers
R: Reading. I don't know where I'd be if I had never learned to love to read.
S: Snape. He's my favorite Harry Potter character.
T: Traveling to China, Australia, and Costa Rica as well as many major American cities
U: United States of America
V: Variety & vacation days
W: my upcoming Wedding
X: Xerox. A lame way to satisfy the "x" requirement, but copies are pretty cool.
Y: Yesterdays
Z: Zebras & animals in general. We had a blast animal watching at Busch Gardens last weekend.
On a side note, after deciding that the Tigers were the coolest animals we saw at Busch Gardens, I learned today that Tigers are likely to be extinct in 12 years. I've got to look in to how I can help stop this! I feel a donation coming on soon. (Also, the Life of Pi made me love tigers before BG did....)
So, I guess that's it for now. There's always more to say, but I'll say it later....
I abandon blog posts all the time. Sometimes I just get sick of a topic or I feel like I've personally hashed out my issue with the topic so I don’t feel like blogging about it.
ReplyDeleteRegardless... I love this post.
I love Mark Twain! And Reading! And yeah copies are really cool!
Thanks, Trish!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE this post and might have to be a copy cat. I am completely honored to have a letter all to myself AND I laughed out loud at the way you listed it. I just don't get to be Pugh, Elissa enough in life!
ReplyDeleteI will join your tiger campaign. I was actually thinking about you and your Honduran sponsor kids today. Something I heard on NPR but now I can't remember what...