"I'm tired of waiting. I'm tired of thinking.
I want to turn loose my hold on everything,
and go sailing down, down,
just like one of those poor, tired leaves."

- O. Henry

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas 2010

I had a wonderful Christmas.

I went to church with my Granddaddy on Christmas Eve, celebrated my older brother's birthday with my family (he was born on Christmas Day but we always have a birthday party late Christmas Eve), had breakfast and opened presents with my mom, Granddaddy and two brothers, had lunch and opened presents with my dad and brothers, then had dinner and opened presents with my mom, brothers, Granddaddy, cousins, and aunt & uncle. It was a day full of family, food, and gifts. Michael and I opened our presents to each other the day after Christmas, as well as presents from our families to each other. On Monday the 27th, I went to lunch with my friend Matt and we exchanged presents.

I received a lot of things to keep me entertained in 2011. I'll have plenty to listen to, read, and watch:





I also received a new bathrobe, some fuzzy slippers, several different Pampered Chef items (a pan, some prep bowls, and a trivet), Cracker Barrel gift cards (to purchase rocking chairs for the porch!), a Kohl's gift card, a variety of gourmet spices and sauces, a puzzle, some highlighters and ponytail holders (stocking stuffers), a non-stick rolling pin (we make a lot of homemade pizza), some ornaments, two candles, chocolate, and a few other things- including Burberry Brit perfume from my love!


This made me laugh over the Christmas break:

Between family, friends, gifts, and laughter, I know that am blessed! And, I remember the greatest gift of all.....


We watched this video at the Christmas Eve Candlelight service, and I thought it was worth sharing:

Merry Christmas, everyone! And, Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fantastic Christmas!
    I asked Brad about a million time how everyone was... especially your Granddaddy because hes my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did have a fantastic Christmas! I think we should have Christmas every 6 months! LOL

    Everyone misses Maw, but other than that we are all okay! Moose was missed this Christmas as well...

    ReplyDelete