"I'm tired of waiting. I'm tired of thinking.
I want to turn loose my hold on everything,
and go sailing down, down,
just like one of those poor, tired leaves."

- O. Henry

Monday, January 31, 2011

New Year's Resolutions - January Progress

1. Get married & go to Paris! (July 2011)

January

  • booked bed & breakfast in Paris
  • Sent out most of the Save the Dates. Need to send out one more batch.
  • Got passport photos taken (Pictures taken in Walgreen's are a blow to one's self image.)
  • Filled out passport renewal form - need to mail!
  • Mom went to a bridal expo and got me a $50 coupon to David's Bridal. Even if I don't get my dress there, I am sure I can find accessories or undergarments to spend it on.


*************************************************************************
2. Lose 40 pounds

January

  • Lost 8 pounds between January 3 and January 31.


*************************************************************************
3. Try indoor rock climbing

January

  • not yet


*************************************************************************
4. Complete 12 credit hours in the MLIS program

January

  • Taking "Information Needs of Young Adults" (3 credit hours)
  • Currently have an "A" in the course.


*************************************************************************
5. Write and submit my work for publication


January
  • Emailed my friend Anna who used to work at United Methodist Publishing House. Got a contact at UMPH to speak with about my thesis.
  • Had a nice phone call with said UMPH contact. Did not lead to publishing, but got a lot of good advice from a professional in the book industry. Lady was very friendly.
  • Emailed Relevant Magazine to follow up on an article idea I sent them in December. No response to either email.
  • Emailed campus marketing department about possible help with freelance writing. Got friendly response.
  • Began work on 2 general interest articles to submit to marketing.

4 comments:

  1. WOW! You've accomplished waaaay more than I have :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. go you! great idea to make tangible, reachable goals and then measure your progress like this. i might need to do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the format you are using. You've got to feel good about it. You've done so much! xoxo

    (I want to hear about what the marketing department said.)

    ReplyDelete