"I'm tired of waiting. I'm tired of thinking.
I want to turn loose my hold on everything,
and go sailing down, down,
just like one of those poor, tired leaves."

- O. Henry

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Not in a lovely mood

Here are a few things that just flippin' drive me crazy.

1) Lady with a baby. Just a baby.

Let me explain. I hate it when I see a "mom" out in public with just her baby. (Usually the "mom" is quite young, but that's no excuse). I don't think babies need an entourage of crap everywhere they go, but honestly - honey, you should at least have a few things with you. I can't stand seeing just a baby being lugged around (usually in some awkward position) with no accouterments. No diaper. No pacifier. No spit rag. No bottle. NOTHING. Really? I'm not saying you have to pack the kitchen sink every time you leave the house with your baby, but you do need a few essentials. If you didn't want to take care of a baby, you shouldn't have had one. And don't give me the "I'm poor" excuse. You know what's a lot cheaper than a baby? A condom.

2) Other people's stress.

Apparently I have problems with internal boundaries. I soak up other people's stress like a sponge. I can be feeling totally calm one moment, and then someone will come along in a tizzy and all of sudden I've caught their stress as if it was contagious. I guess I'll have to work on it.

3) People who know nothing about education being in charge of education.

Here's looking at you, Rick Scott! (Not that he's the only one....) I can't even go on about this further, or I'll be in a tizzy of my own.

4) Amazon.com's 4-for-3 promotion

I'm sick of hunting for those other books to round out the promotion. I should just stop and buy the one book that I want. (I want a lot of books, but I can't seem to find 4 on my wish list that qualify).

5) Writing this blog post.

I'm annoyed with myself for being annoyed. I'll stop now.

3 comments:

  1. I am tickled that Amazon's upsizing is making you feral. The fast food of book retailers.
    I also acquire the stress of others. When you find a way to stop it, let me know. Preferably one that does not require me to become an insensitve bastard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl I can totally relate! Especially to item number one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just curious...when you see these moms, where are they? I have to admit, I can see running into the store with not much on you or anywhere where your car is super close. The mall or an amusement park, not so much.

    I also take in the stress of others. Let's try to find a way around that! I can also relate to being annoyed with myself for being annoyed :-)

    ReplyDelete