First, I just finished Week 2 of the Couch to 5K running program. I'm pretty proud of myself, since I pretty much hate working out. One thing I've learned about running is that if you go after 8 am in Florida, it's unbearable. It's much nicer out when I go so that I can be back inside by about 8. Which means that, yes, I'm trying to leave the house by 7:15 or 7:30 every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday morning. Did I also mention I'm not a morning person? Can I say again that I'm proud of myself? Plus, I run in these hot kicks:


Secondly, I've implemented a water saving technique that I saw on the Oprah Network (OWN). You know how when you first turn the shower on it takes a few seconds to heat up? Well, I don't know about you, but I don't stand under the cold water - I just let it go down the drain. Which is, in essence, a waste of water. What we've started doing is putting a plastic pail in the shower to catch the water from the first few seconds of every shower. Then, I use it to water our plants outside and some of the dry spots in our yard. I'm feeling really good about saving (or at least not wasting) an estimated 5 gallons of water a day. It also makes me feel good that we're making an effort to save the planet in addition to having an Energy Star certified home and Energy Star appliances that save without us having to think about it. My mom has also started using this technique at her house, and I feel good that just as Oprah inspired me, I inspired someone else. Here's to Mother Earth, and the Father God who created her!

So impressed. I am a morning person, but running. No. Well done.
ReplyDeleteyou are definitely inspiring! on both accounts. i need to get back to my running post-baby, and it's so hard to get out the door! and i love the water idea. i have plants i can water, and a humidifier in the baby's room that needs filling often. love that idea. thanks, oprah!
ReplyDeleteThanks to both of you! Karen, I'm glad you will use the "water trick" too!! :)
ReplyDelete