"I'm tired of waiting. I'm tired of thinking.
I want to turn loose my hold on everything,
and go sailing down, down,
just like one of those poor, tired leaves."

- O. Henry

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Random

1. I had a root canal this morning. Thought I might suffocate and die, but I didn't.



2. I kind of secretly like paying library fines. There are worse places my money could go.



3. I am addicted to Words With Friends.



4. I am re-reading Dracula for probably the fourth or fifth time. I first read it in the Fall of 2001, so I guess it's been in my life for 10 years. I wanted to read it because Halloween was coming up, and it did indeed scare the crap out of me. Well, here comes Halloween again. The book doesn't scare me so much any more, but it's a classic good vs. evil story that I can't get enough of. My favorite characters are Professor Van Helsing and Quincey Morris. The copy I've always read has three books in one volume: Frankenstein, Dracula, and Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Yes, I have read all three. I rank them this way: 1. Dracula 2. Jekyll and Hyde 3. Frankenstein. (Dr. Frankenstein was a way lame person.) No, I'm not Gothic.



5. I've never seen a movie version of Dracula that has lived up to the book. But isn't that true of most books? So, let's talk about exceptions - well done movie versions of books. Some of my favorites are Big Fish, the Lord of the Rings (series), the Lovely Bones, the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (series/Swedish versions), Harry Potter (series), and The Lion, the Witch, and The Wardrobe (2005 version). The English remake of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo comes out this December, and I feel sorry for Rooney Mara. No one but Noomi Rapace will ever be Lisbeth Salander. By the way, how great is the name "Noomi"? It kind of makes me happy just to say it. Here she is as herself, then as Lisbeth:



6. How is it only Tuesday? I feel like it should at least be Thursday. Of course, Friday is what I'm really looking for.



7. The Bed Intruder Song is still one of the best thing to ever happen to the internet. Especially on days when you've, like, had a root canal and you have to work until 9pm and you're not really feeling so happy. So here it is:



8. I love this:


Me and my husband on our wedding day - July 23, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment