I've been fighting a bad cold since Saturday; today, I succumbed.
I went to work Monday and Tuesday, but when I woke up this morning I knew it was time for a break. I feel pretty awful.
So, I'm taking it easy today.
I started reading the Wedding Planner my mom got me for Christmas. They have all these checklists in there of what needs to be done and how long before the wedding it needs to be accomplished. I was kind of scared to look at the checklists at first. We got engaged on our 2 year anniversary and are getting married on our 3 year anniversary (Isn't that cool?). Anyway, having a year long engagement means I sort of slipped in to this pattern of telling myself that I didn't have to worry about making wedding decisions just yet, because I have plenty of time. And, now here we are six months from the wedding!
I was worried when I went through the checklists I would be really far behind. And, there are a few things I haven't done yet that I should have. But, for the MOST part, I'm on track. It felt really good to realize that.
Here are some things that are done:
Date is set
Wedding ceremony site is booked w/ pastor and pianist
Reception site is booked w/ menu decided
Maid of Honor and Best Man selected (we're not doing other bridesmaids or groomsmen)
Maid of Honor has her dress (she's ordered it - just hoping it works for her once she tries it on!)
Best Man has his suit
Michael has his suit
Save the Dates are ordered (should be here in the next week)
Color scheme is decided (navy blue w/ lighter blue accents)
Booked a photographer for an engagement photo session
Ring bearer is decided
Ushers for ceremony and MC for Reception selected
I'm sure there are a few other things I've done, but that's all I can think of for now. We've made some other decisions, but haven't acted on them yet. For instance, we know we're going to Paris for our honeymoon, but we haven't booked a flight yet. I've picked out the invitations but haven't ordered them yet. Even though the tasks aren't completed, having those decisions made is a relief and feels like one less thing on the to-do list.
We have a million more things to do (find a bridal gown, flowers, cake, hotel, etc.) but I refuse to be stressed about this. The wedding is important, but our relationship is more important. We're doing this because we love each other. Dresses and flowers and bubbles are just icing on the cake!
" The wedding is important, but our relationship is more important. We're doing this because we love each other."
ReplyDeleteYou are so quotable today!
I'm so happy for you and I'm sure the wedding will be beautiful!